Friday, December 3

Wives Love Your Husbands


Any of you ladies that are married know that life together isn't always "peachy".  And because we married gals already know this, we need to embrace the fact that our marriage is going to take some work!  The following excerpt is from the blog of Holly Furtick (pastor's wife) and was shared at a retreat for pastor's wives by her husband, Steven Furtick, lead pastor of Elevation Church.  He gathered this list from several pastors who shared their point of view on what it takes to keep them strong in both leadership and in marriage.

This is not only for women in ministry but for EVERY woman who would like to encourage her husband, keep her marriage strong and stay on solid ground. . .

_______________________________________________________

. . .These 7 points. . . came from pastors and were intended for pastors' wives, they really ring true for any marriage.

    1.  I need you to take care of you.
            -your health, happiness, your intimacy with God

    2.  I need you to believe in me.
    3.  I need you to encourage me.
            -I'm with you no matter what
            -I know you best and love you most
            -Who cares what they think

    4.  I need you to help keep me focused on what really matters.
    5.  I need you to make our home "base," a place where I feel safe
    6.  I need you to pray for me.
            -You know what to pray better than anyone

    7.  I need you to remind me of God's past faithfulness.

Thanks for this posting, Holly. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment