Friday, February 4

Confession of an addict: "I seek ministry people"

There comes a point in a ministry girl's life when she needs to come clean to her fellow comrade chicks. . .well today's that day for me.  Ready?  Okay, I am an addict; that is, a web-driven, social media, ministry-seeking addict.  There, I said it!  When I first admitted this to myself, I thought, "This is so wrong."  But then I looked up the definition of addict, and it said this. . .Addict, n., a person who is devoted to something; someone

showing a strong preference for something or someone.  And I liked that I would be considered "devoted" to something worthwhile. . .


Since I became a passionate Christ follower, I have been inclined to glean information, teachings, studies, methods, ideas and messages from those people in ministry who are making a difference. . .virtually anything I can get my hands on via internet and/or through social media.  And I have to say, I have accessed some really amazing ministry tools and teachings that have been life-impacting for me.  Now I am not saying that I base every decision in my life or take every biblical position of the ministry leaders I follow, but I do have open ears to hear what God is speaking to me through their messages and teachings.  And as a speaker, ministry leader and blogger myself, I have ingested tons of info that has helped me to be more relevant and current in how I address certain topics and issues in today's culture.

So as a web-driven, social media, ministry-seeking addict, I would like to share with you five of the ministry leaders that have helped me along the way.  You'll see that this is an eclectic group, but that pretty much parallels my life and defines the way I live it.  So take a peek and see who's impacting our world for Jesus. . .












A wise person will listen and continue to learn, and an understanding person will gain direction.

-- Proverbs 1:5 (GOD’S WORD Translation):

2 comments:

  1. Linda - so glad I found you blog. I love being called "devoted" rather than addicted too! I am SO devoted to sharing the gospel via social networks that it's the one addiction, I think God has blessed! We have amazing access to the teaching of others -- everyday -- in an instant! The tools are endless. Let's continue to share. Bless you. Keep that addiction stoked and blazing for our King! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni, Isn't it so fun living in the 21st century?! Thank you for sharing everything you and Tami are doing through social media and for being such awesome digital scribes!! take care....

    ReplyDelete