Thursday, January 27

WHO ARE YOU...REALLY?

Written January 21)  Today is my birthday.... Along with billions of people living today on planet earth, this is the day that I celebrate with friends and family as the day of my physical birth into this world as "Linda".  I have many other names as well. . to my daughters, I am their mother.  To my husband, his wife.  To some, I am a friend, and to others, an
acquaintance.  To students, I am a teacher. 

To many people, I have no significant title, but I have an identity as Linda Seidler, nothing more, nothing less.  And all of this is okay with me. . .really it is. . .


But a thought came to me years ago. . what identity would I have if NONE of those titles were in my life anymore?  I mean what would happen if "wife" became "widow", if "mom" ended up childless, if "friend" turned into "enemy", if "teacher" becomes unemployed?  So in reading God's word, I came to the conclusion that I could not let titles or names define who I ultimately was. . .all of these titles are temporary!  

Many of you may think like I have. . .that "who we are" is defined by a title, what we do or who others perceive us to be.  Every worldly name that we carry is temporary, and although we work hard to achieve some of those titles, someday, each and every one will cease to exist!  But don't you dare let this get you down. . .there's good news. . .scripture tells us that we are known by names that have eternal significance in God's kingdom and that will NEVER be taken away from us!  YAY!!

So let me show you just SOME of the eternal names you can be called as a Christ follower. . I think you are gonna love to see what God says about who you are. . .ready?


God says that. . .
I am God’s child (John 1:12)
I am Christ’s friend (John 15:15)
I belong to God (1 Corinthians 6:20)
I am a member of Christ’s Body (1 Corinthians 12:27)
I am a citizen of heaven (Philippians 3:20)
I am hidden with Christ in God (Colossians 3:3)
I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me (1 John 5:18)
I am blessed in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing (Ephesians 1:3)
I am chosen before the creation of the world (Ephesians 1:4, 11)
I am holy and blameless (Ephesians 1:4)
I am adopted as his child (Ephesians 1:5)
I am in Him (Ephesians 1:7; 1 Corinthians 1:30)
I am forgiven (Ephesians 1:8; Colossians 1:14)
I am a saint (Ephesians 1:18)
I am salt and light of the earth (Matthew 5:13-14)
I am a personal witness of Jesus Christ (Acts 1:8)
I am God’s coworker (2 Corinthians 6:1)
I am alive with Christ (Ephesians 2:5)
I am raised up with Christ (Ephesians 2:6; Colossians 2:12)
I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realms (Ephesians 2:6)
I am God’s workmanship (Ephesians 2:10)
I am a member of God’s household (Ephesians 2:19)
I am secure (Ephesians 2:20)
I am a holy temple (Ephesians 2:21; 1 Corinthians 6:19)
I am a dwelling for the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 2:22)
I am completed by God (Ephesians 3:19)
I have been called (Ephesians 4:1; 2 Timothy 1:9)
I am a light to others, and can exhibit goodness, righteousness and truth (Ephesians 5:8-9)
I have God’s power (Ephesians 6:10)
I am His disciple (John 13:15)
I am victorious (I John 5:4)
I am chosen and dearly loved (Colossians 3:12)
I am blameless (I Corinthians 1:8)
I am set free (Romans 8:2; John 8:32)
I am crucified with Christ (Galatians 2:20)
I am a light in the world (Matthew 5:14)
I am more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37)
I am the righteousness of God (2 Corinthians 5:21)
I am safe (I John 5:18)
I am part of God’s kingdom (Revelation 1:6)
I am healed from sin (I Peter 2:24)
I am no longer condemned (Romans 8:1, 2)
I am not helpless (Philippians 4:13)
I am overcoming (I John 4:4)
I am persevering (Philippians 3:14)
I am protected (John 10:28)
I am born again (I Peter 1:23)
I am a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17)
I am delivered (Colossians 1:13)
I am redeemed from the curse of the Law (Galatians 3:13)
I am qualified to share in His inheritance (Colossians 1:12)
I am victorious (1 Corinthians 15:57)

No comments:

Post a Comment