Saturday, January 1

Contentment in 2011

The clock is ticking.  The pressure is on.  It's almost 2011, and I am reflecting on the year gone by.  This is a time where I usually resolve to do something "better" in my life. . . some kind of change that will be beneficial. . .be it spiritual, financial, physical. . if you're like me, we women can certainly find something in our lives that needs much improvement.  And many times striving to be something different brings us great unhappiness and frustration.

But this morning I had a real revelation about life change after talking on the phone to a new ministry friend of mine, Tiffany Cooper, wife of pastor, Herbert Cooper, of People's Church.  We were talking about the season of life that each of us is in right now and how to find true contentment while in that place.  And although it may not be where we see ourselves staying, God has us there for a reason for such a time as this.

Now I am not saying that we shouldn't do a little self-improvement in the new year, I mean drinking your weight in lattes and eating chocolate donuts may not be the best decision for you in 2011!  But what I am saying is that learning to find contentment in every situation in life is really God's best for us.  So I've decided that this is my resolution for this new year, and I pray that you will also resolve to receive God's peace and contentment as you journey into 2011. . .here's to a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment