Friday, March 5

Shine


Today I finally decided to begin posting on my blog. This statement, as simple as it may seem to you, really has an underlying meaning. I have actually been creating this blog for over a month now and every time I decide to begin posting, something inside of me says, "Don't start yet. You're not capable of blogging. Other people have hundreds of posts, and you will only have one." Blah, blah, blah.

I have struggled many times in my life with an insecurity of letting my light shine. So as I prepared my message for Ladies Night, I was reminded of what scripture says about me -- that I have been made for purpose, and I will be the first person to tell you that God has a plan for your life. But my mind enters the picture and attempts me from taking a first step. So with all of that said, I have decided to post (on my first blog) the following speech that has really inspired me to begin.

Let this inspire your life as well. Hugs, Linda

__________________________________________________________________________

Speech by Nelson Mandella:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." Nelson Mandela

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda,
    I am so glad that you started your blog! You rose above the voices telling you who you are and what you are capable of doing and you did what God told you to do. Hooray! It is a hard step for sure, but you will inspire others who think they have no business blogging to do what they are being led to do.

    Blessings on the work that you are doing.

    ReplyDelete