Tuesday, May 17

Leading and Loving It...Really?

Sometimes, things just work out right...yes, they do...and that's the way I felt about the recent retreat that I attended in Nashville with 150+ pastor's wives from all over the U.S. and Canada! It was dubbed "Armed and Dangerous" and was put on by Leading and Loving It, an organization designed by pastor's wives to connect pastor's wives.
Lori Wilhite and Lisa Young

Linda and Tiffany Cooper
Linda and Lisa Young




The week before I left for TN, I wasn't even sure if I should travel away from my home with all of the craziness going on in my world. As you can probably relate, life happens, and many days are just overwhelming. So with my mom battling stage 4 cancer, my daughter turning 18 and graduating from high school, and our ministry making the biggest move evah into a new location, I hopped on a plane by myself to Tennessee really hoping to have a time of relaxation and some genuine "me" time. I didn't personally know one woman but many I had "met" through social media.

What I found when I got there were down-to-earth women who were EXACTLY like me. Can you imagine?! Women who were ready to connect and form new relationships. Women who were going through difficulties and struggles. Women who loved their husbands and families. Women who dealt with anger and jealousy and didn't want to. Women who were Christ followers wanting to make a positive difference for the kingdom. Women who were trying to follow God's leading. Women who were real...
Leading and Loving It Team


"Wonder Women" chicks
I experienced something that was warm and welcoming over those few days. It was a sweet taste of authentic, loving community, you know, the kind that's Jesus-centered. There was an overwhelming sense of safety in the midst of laughter and crying with new friends, and in the moments during intimate worship time with our Creator. The hearts of women from all over this country were connecting and being knit together...forming bonds that will go way beyond this retreat by strengthening and equipping them to go back into their communities and lead with passion and purpose...then encouraging others to do the same. So thank you ladies for investing your hearts and transparency with each other.


And my commitment to leading and loving it?...yeah, I do and I will.


Shari Sutherland and Linda











Pam Booher and Linda





2 comments:

  1. I know you have so much going on right now. But I'm absolutely thrilled that you were able to come to Nashville and be with us! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori...It was AWESOME!! I am so glad that I came and met and connected and left refreshed. It was perfect...thanks for all that you did...love from WV!

    ReplyDelete