Friday, March 18

How to Start Trusting Again


We all know what trust is. We know when we have it, and we know when it's lacking. I think I'm correct when I say that everyone of us has had our trust broken or has struggled with trusting in ourselves. So who do you trust when the big decisions have to be made? Who do you rely on completely?

Now I've learned a few things about trust.  I've learned that trusting in people is temporary, my heart can be broken and I will at times doubt my own decisions. I've also learned that trusting in God is forever, my heart can be healed and I rely more on Him than ever.  But if I'm being honest with you, I am still in process of leaning more on the latter. I believe with everything that is in me, that putting trust in God is the best way for us...ultimately because God wants us to have the best life! Now don't you worry if you are not fully trusting in God yet. It's step by step and day by day...a conscious decision to hand the steering wheel to God and get comfortable with Him driving... 

As you begin to trust in God, use the following five ways to help with the big and not-so-big decisions in your life:

T: Turn to God for the big and not-so-big decisions in your life.
R: Rely on Him to guide you along the way.
U: Understand that while people and circumstances may let you down, God will not.
S: Separate temporary trust (people) from eternal trust (God).
T: Take God at His word...He will always direct you when you lean on Him.


Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding...In ALL your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths (Proverbs 3:5-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment