Wednesday, March 9

Be Golden!

What would happen if we really treated people well?
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."...aka: The Golden Rule. Simple. Straight-to-the-point. A childhood principle that many of us were taught from an early age.  Hey, I sure know that I want to be treated well!  I truly desire people to be nice to me.  I love it when someone offers to help when I'm in a pickle.  I think it's really cool when people forgive me for saying things that aren't so nice.  So why don't you and I take the challenge this week and be golden to the world we are trying to reach...yeah!...just basically being like the Jesus we are s'posed to be representing...it'll change everything!


OK...here are 8 examples to help you get started today:
1) Make a phone call to someone who is hurting.
2) Smile at people.
3) Say I'm sorry when you've hurt someone.
4) Forgive an offense.
5) Lend a hand to a friend (or even a stranger) in need.
6) Be kind-hearted.
7) Tell someone how Jesus is changing your life.
8) ...Add your special touch as the week goes on....


Verses:
*Do to others what you want them to do to you. This is the meaning of the law of Moses and the teaching of the prophets. [Matthew 7:12] 
* Do to others what you would want them to do to you. [Luke 6:31] 

No comments:

Post a Comment